Wednesday, March 29, 2006

5,000 visits!

Today this blog logged its 5,000th visit. Wow! Considering that I don't write deep political analysis, or get into a lot of interpersonal relationship issues, or talk about sex, just slices of my life, that's a lot. Thank you to all who keep coming back.

As long as we're on the subject, here's a thin slice: last night I had an excellent mahi-mahi at East of Eighth with a friend in town on business. (A word to the wise: they get their fish delivered on Tuesday and Friday.) Then we went to Snapshot, "A Party for Queers...and their friends" at Bar 13. It was mostly young lesbians (very young...I was probably twice as old as almost all of them). Some "boi"s. (My friend said one nerdy one looked like her in high school, except without the pocket protector.) The music was pretty good (cute DJ), and not too loud for conversation. A few people danced occasionally, but it was mostly people sitting along the walls, just talking. Someone said it really got busy around midnight, but my friend had an early meeting today, so we had to leave before that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Caprice!! Actually your Blog is very fun to read. You write well and you have a view on life and events in your world of NY that I find refreshing. Being a Bostonian, we always envy our neighbors in NY of course :P

Congrats on your 5000th visitor!

Becki
htt://www.beckscafe.com

caprice said...

[blush] Thanks. Boston's not a bad place, either, but I don't think I'd ever be comfortable living where the streets aren't laid out in a grid.

Thanks, again.

--C.